Wednesday, June 03, 2009
E3 2009: Final Fantasy VII Comes To PS Store 4th June
Get ready to return to Midgar. Final Fantasy VII, one of the most beloved and critically acclaimed Role Playing Games of all time, makes a long-awaited return this week, via digital download on the PlayStation Store.
The original PS one release has long been out-of-print and unavailable to a new generation of console owners and Final Fantasy fans. Now players will get another chance to own and experience the original adventure that brought us such memorable characters as Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, Aerith Gainsborough, Barret Wallace, Vincent Valentine and the fearsome Sephiroth.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix. comments, “Final Fantasy VII is the most highly-respected entry in the history of the Final Fantasy franchise, possessing possibly the most memorable storyline in the history of videogames. It brings me great pleasure to see Final Fantasy VII available to play once again and I am sure that it will create a whole new generation of fans.”
- One of the most critically acclaimed Final Fantasy games ever made returns
- Experience a classic storyline with some of the most shocking and memorable moments the Final Fantasy series has ever delivered
- A cast of legendary heroes and villains that have become fan favourites of players around the world
- The game that introduced Limit Breaks, spectacular near-death special moves to shock your opponents
- Master the Materia system to make your attacks stronger and unleash greater summons
- Playable on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable (PSP)
Final Fantasy VII is available on the 4th June in all PAL countries where the PlayStation Store is available.