This update includes a variety of titles, some of which traveled outside Japan years ago, and some of which remained Japan only. Here's a look:
- R-Types (Irem, shooter)
- Taiyo no Shippo (aka Tail of the Sun, Artdink, action)
- U-SA (Artdink, puzzle)
- Dino Crisis (Capcom, action-adventure)
- Global Force (SCE, sim)
- Gekisou Tomaranna (SCE, racing)
- Maru Oukoku no Ningyou Hime (Nippon Ichi, RPG)
- The Convenie Ano Machi wo Dokusen se yo (Hamster, sim)
- Mr. Driller (Bandai Namco Games, action)
As with the original batch of downloads, these games require a PS3 for downloading, but can only be played on the PSP. In order to run them on your PSP, you'll need to update your PSP firmware to version 3.03, which has been made available as of today.
These titles are currently set only for the Japanese PlayStation store. We'll let you know if Sony decides to give audiences outside of Japan a sweet Christmas present as well.